Thursday, October 3, 2013

Gift Cards

I always like to keep card stock paper on hand for creating cards for the holidays and special occasions. It also works out great for yard sale posters amongst other things. And I like to use it to make stencils to spray snow on my windows at Christmas. See mine here http://myuniquebaskets.blogspot.com/2012/12/making-stencils-to-decorate-windows.html

 I'm a writer as well as a crafter and have recently been working on illustrating and writing children's books.
Using card stock to draw my illustrations, I wanted my pages to be square, so I cut off 2 1/2 inches from one end, which left me with strips of paper 2 1/2 X 8 1/2. These work great to make gift tags.

Items you will need;
Scissors regular and pinking shears
Card stock paper
Markers
Crayons
Pencil
Ruler
Hole punch
Ribbon
Stampers and stamp pad (optional)

Take a plain white sheet of card stock
 Measure 2 1/4 inch increments (red lines) One strip will be smaller, but still works and that way you don't waste any paper. Cut using regular scissors.
Using pinking shears, cut straight down the middle. You can either fold and crease the paper
 or measure 4 1/4 inches. (Blue line)

 Now you have 10 gift tags
 Fold leaving top half of card about 1/2 inch smaller than bottom half.

 Using a marker, lay cards on another piece of card stock, and color the edge.
 Turn the card over to color the edge of the top half.

 Your card with the edges colored.
 Using crayons, markers, or stamps, decorate the front of the card.

 Using a hole punch, put a hole in the upper left hand corner and add ribbon and you're done!
 This is a great craft project to get the kids involved with. Cut out the cards and let them draw and color pictures on the front. You can leave the inside blank or write to and from or a personal message.

What do you use card stock for? I'd love to hear your ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi I love messages and comments! Looking forward to reading yours!