Sunday, December 9, 2012

Making Stencils to Decorate Windows!

When it comes to decorating for the holidays, I sometimes go overboard! And I like to create and make as many things as I can instead of buying commercial products. So I wanted to share with you a quick window decor you can do yourself instead of the vinyl window clings sold in stores. And it only takes a couple of items and your creativity!

Card stock paper
scissors
poster paint or tempura paint
pencil, pen, or marker
masking or painters tape

First draw your design on the card stock
next cut it out and then tape it to a clean window or mirror.
Using paint in your color choice, paint inside the cut out portion, let dry and remove your template.
Waa  Laa!

Here are two that I did. Feel free to print them out.



With the candy cane after you paint using the template and remove it then you have to paint the second color freehand and then I added a freehand bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi I love messages and comments! Looking forward to reading yours!