Here's the new recipe of the week.
It's a nutritious and healthier twist to nachos!
1 ½ pounds russet potatoes
1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning blend
1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
¼ cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
¼ cup diced tomatoes
¼ cup sliced black olives
¼ cup sliced green onions
3 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
Salsa, guacamole and sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges.
2. Place potatoes into a medium size bowl with the oil, garlic salt and Mexican seasoning. Stir well to coat potatoes with oil and seasonings.
3. Transfer to a large baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring several times, until crisp and golden brown.
4. Top with cheese, beans, tomatoes, olives, onions and chiles.
5. Bake for 5 minutes more to melt cheese.
6. Serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.