Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Recipe of the week!

Eek! I'm a little slow with my recipe of the week, but it is worth the wait. I'm a junkfood, carb- aholic and this is one of my favorite by scratch recipes, I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Applesauce Cake

1/2 c. shortening                                          1- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. sugar                                                     1- 1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. brown sugar                                           3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 large egg                                                   1/2 tsp. cloves
1- 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce                 1/2 cup of water
2- 1/4 c. flour                                                       
                        1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)


cream shortening and sugar, add egg and applesauce. Add combined dry ingredients, then water and nuts.
Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 min.

This is a very moist cake. You can frost it, or just sprinkle some powdered sugar on top, and it is great with ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi I love messages and comments! Looking forward to reading yours!