Monday, August 11, 2014

Homemade Peanut Butter

I made peanut butter last week and can you believe it, it's all gone! LOL!

I started making homemade a few months ago and won't go back to store bought. 
I love using it on bread, of course. I grew up eating peanut butter and butter sandwiches as a child. No, no jelly or jam here. :-)
But since I started using homemade, I find it's not only good on bread, but on waffles too, and don't forget eating it by the spoonful!
After finding this recipe on Averie Cooks (She has some of the best recipes!)
I had to have a food processor!
And lucky for me, I got one for Christmas last year. :-)









I'm terrible at following recipes to a "T" though, and normally I don't measure.
So here's what I think I used.

Approximately 3+ cups of honey roasted peanuts
1/2 cup each butterscotch and white chocolate chips.
It takes about 15 minutes to make depending on the power of your processor.


I keep mine in the fridge because homemade peanut butter is very liquidy.
Try it and you'll never go back to store bought again!


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog! Do you have any suggestions for aspiring writers?
    I'm planning to start my own site soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
    Would you recommend starting with a free platform like Wordpress
    or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm
    completely overwhelmed .. Any recommendations?
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, and thank you. I would start out with a free platform, build your followers and then when you find what works for you, you can look into paying for a website. Wordpress is a really good one. Also, make a page on facebook, seperate from your personal page. And wix is also a good place to have a free website. You can check out my wordpress blog here; https://karensdifferentcorners.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi I love messages and comments! Looking forward to reading yours!