Monday, November 18, 2013

Toilet Paper Roll Decorations

Yesterday I wanted a quick craft to work on and here is what I made!


They are sooo easy to make and take no time at all.

Here's what you'll need

toilet paper rolls
paint in colors of your choice
hot glue gun and craft glue
ribbon
clear spray paint
glitter or fake snow
embellishments of your choice

 Start with your toilet paper roll. Flatten it out and then cut off even strips. 

 For the green one I wanted it to resemble holly leaves so I folded my strips like this.


This will be a snowflake


And for the snowflake one, I wanted it to have more detail so I cut some strips in half like this.


I used hot glue to assemble the red and green ones, but ran out of glue sticks and had to use craft glue to assemble the snowflake. I prefer the hot glue because it's quicker.
After assembling them, I used different types of paint, because I didn't have spray paint in the colors I wanted, so I used craft paint and a paintbrush. If you use gloss spray paint you don't need to spray them with  the clear spray paint.


And here's the finished decorations!

Poinsettia 
(you could glue some green leaves to the back)

 Holly

And last but not least,

Snowflake




Looking for other ideas to recycle your toilet paper rolls? Try http://familycrafts.about.com/od/cardboardtubecrafts/tp/ToiletPaperRollCrafts.htm
Or http://www.favecrafts.com/Green-Crafting/16-Uses-for-Toilet-Paper-Rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi I love messages and comments! Looking forward to reading yours!